Wednesday, October 3, 2012

There are no excuses except for the own barriers you create for yourself.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/557977-the-worst-fitness-advice-of-all-time/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10032012

This is a great article and it relates to sooo many people, from all the ladies who want "long, lean muscles" to the triathlete who carb-loads the night before a race.

And I just wanted to add my 2 cents!! :D of course. So, here is Part I

If you want to lose weight, you have to exercise.

You can only exercise so many hours in a day. And you can only exercise as hard as your body (or your mind) will allow you, too.  But honestly, we could all eat every hour of the day. Whether it's a frappaccino that you sip on the first hour of the morning or the pretzels that you snack on until lunch or the m&m's you snack on after lunch until dinner or the snacking you do while making dinner or the wine/beer you drink after dinner and before bedtime. Catch my drift?  The point is, if you want to lose weight, get control of your food!  

Be conscious when you eat!! Think about what you are doing and why you're doing it. Personally, my dad has been in very bad health for several months now.  I leave the hospital or his house sad and then angry and then I just want to EAT some CHOCOLATE!!  Or some kind of rich, sweet, fattening dessert, my brain just gets mad and then just wants to eat! Fortunately, at the same time, I think, OMG talk about emotional eating!!  And then, Ironically, I get mad at myself for even thinking of that since my dad's health is completely related to his type II diabetes, which was all a result of eating terrible foods - sugars mainly- whenever he wanted! Talk about accountability, not to mention a reality check.  Back to the issue, my problem is sugars, sweets, anything even considered sweet, I'm an addict.  But if I can just use some SELF-CONTROL and some AWARENESS, I can put the habit/addiction in check.

After my 2nd child, Damian, was born, I had to really watch my food intake because he was allergic to dairy. I started logging my food to make sure I was eating ENOUGH. I only worked out 3 days a week (1 hour each day-2 days strength, 1 day cardio intervals) for the first 9 months or year after he was born. But I logged my food and that was the key! The reason I'm the size I am now is because I finally could SEE what I was putting into my body. I could see how nutritious it was, or not. How many calories, how much fat, how many sugars, how many fibers, how much Vitamin A, B, C, Iron, etc.  Being Aware and conscious of what food contains is a HUGE part, I think, in maintaining your goals over the long run.  Notice, I did this for 9months to a year. I created a habit. I don't log my food all the time now.  I usually do when I'm doing really bad and need to get myself in check. (aka when my clothes start fitting tight!)

All this  to say, if you want to lose weight, look at your food. Exercise can help and give you motivation, not to mention all the great health benefits and toned body you can get, but if you're busy or your tired and exercise just doesn't seem like an option right now, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE.  Eat Healthy Food and Eat it in Reasonable Portions!  (Healthier foods tend to be higher in calories). There are no excuses except for the own barriers you create for yourself.

Get the food log going!! whether it's on paper or on-line, Get 'er Done!

www.myfitnesspal.com
www.mydailyplate.com
www.sparkpeople.com
www.calorieking.com

just to name a few

No comments:

Post a Comment